Tuesday, April 23, 2013

flipzco exposure

content from- http://fkn-famous.com/2012/01/fashion-flipzco/

Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a brand based Belleville, New Jersey by the name of Flipzco. Flipzco is a lifestyle brand, with a goal to show the world the true grassroots of action sports, music, & art of this generation. Now relax as we get to know Flipzco a little more and how they started out in the industry.

So, tell us about your brand.
FlipzCo… is a Lifestyle Brand. We dedicate our time, our money, & our lives to the culture we love! We live by the word’s “Simple. Urban. Swag.” Simplicity at it’s best with that unique aesthetics of swag. Our main goal is to show the world the true grassroots of action sports, music, & art of this generation. We are young adults that focus on the youth, we want to show our supporters to grow in knowledge but to always stay youthful. Whether its a break dancing event or a car show, we expand our arms to new things in order to express it to the supporters of this movement.

How did you come up with the name?
The name began in 2008 from a nickname that began in the motocross scene. The owner, Justin Francisco, raced motocross since he was 6 years old and his nickname was “Flipz”. He began designing tshirts & started calling it “Impulse” Clothing Co. People didn’t truly know the name brand of “Impulse” so they would just say it was “Flipz Company” Flipzco for short. I was so sick of people calling it the wrong name but it was a name that chose me so i went with it. My father also said its been your nickname since day one, might as well have a name you can relate too . Opportunities come and go, it’s all about taking advantage of whats in front of you – so that’s how Flipzco began.

When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand? What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
Matter of fact, i never really thought about it. The clothing brand kind of just found me. I was designing shirts for my friends in high school just for fun. When most of the hype beast kids began buying them and asking for more, i thought it was just a hobby of mine and continued to make funny slogans and apparel that influenced me. I wouldn’t sell anything i wouldn’t wear. Clothing to me was Art, i was fortunate enough to have support from my family to make my hobby a business. My line is basically for the average kid with BIG dreams. I am 19 years old and can say I’m an entrepreneur, five years ago i had no idea – i heard people mention clothing brand and my answer was “yeah right i can’t do that” & today i am vending at the biggest car events in the east coast as well as inspiring other kids to push forward into living the dreams they want to live. My brand is very diverse, i don’t have a main clientele but the youth and young adults is basically my main clientele – i would like my brand to be very generic to the point its for the person who just wants to look good on the weekends or represent a movement that they understand. “Grow in Knowledge but always stay youthful” – Enjoy what makes you happy.Collapse this post

No comments:

Post a Comment